View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 06:27 PM   #3
jasg224
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMc View Post
I saw your other thread and thought it was interesting. I noticed you started branching out to other countries (France, Belgium, Argentina, etc) in the years in which soccer started in those countries...cool idea!

But if the idea is to create a different universe in which baseball replaces soccer as the worldwide game, you're going to have to include the US-based leagues, at least in the background. Practically, you'd expect major leaguers to occasionally drift over to other countries, and eventually players who cut their teeth in other countries would wind up in MLB.

Something to think about...
You see, I don't want players to end up in the MLB. TBH I haven't done much testing but I assume that by using the League Reputation options as well as the English league (and later the other big leagues) having more money, the best players will eventually end up there. The idea is not to make a world in which baseball eventually replaces soccer. It's to make a world in which soccer teams play baseball instead (and the other IRL baseball leagues don't exist). I hope my explanation helped you better understand what I'm trying to do.