View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #17
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

I was doing an 1884-? season, and after 1884, when I wanted to move some teams around, it screwed up all kinds of stuff...lost whole teams and their rosters, and kept saying teams existed that I'd deleted or moved. So, basically, that season was ruined. I also had it lose the Toronto Blue Jays and re-do them as a new expansion team in '86, when I tried to do an expansion draft for Indy and Buffalo. Thankfully, I was able to move all the "old" Jays onto the "new" Jays, so that season was still okay.

I think that kind of thing's why "turn off historical" is a big thing (I think there was even one guy here who had that in his avatar or sig, wasn't there?), unless you want to do a COMPLETELY historical recap...no franchise moves or expansion unless it happened in real life. Granted, that was on OOTP 11, and it was also before I completely knew what I was doing, so maybe that's not as big an issue with 14. I just keep it off out of habit now. Once bitten, twice shy.

I think it may be okay if you don't plan an expansion draft. If you do, turn it off. I think. Can anybody back me up on this? Like I said, my problems were early on before I knew what I was doing completely, so maybe it was just me!

Last edited by ThatSeventiesGuy; 09-17-2013 at 05:12 PM.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote