View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #54
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Another thing that really bothers me about FM..it does not require you to keep up with reserves. Which in the case of OOTP, would be minors.

EDIT: I mean why not just sell of all of my reserve player in an effort to win today They will be replaced my ghost players anyway...at least OOTP allows you to have a real live working minor league system.
Does FM prevent you from having a full reserve squad? I don't think so I think, like OOTP, ghost players are for your convenience. I would think if one wanted to take the time in FM to maintain a full squad one could do it. I simply wouldn't want to be bothered as it would add a ton of time to play with no real payback to me the player. YMMV.

So both allow ghost players which is a good thing. Not sure how only ghost players in your FM reserves would work out, maybe you have tried it? I would think the board would be upset and you could get sacked for not having a plan for the future. If there was no downside to doing this I would find that to be a pretty big hole in the FM AI and would be surprised to find out that FM coders hadn't considered this and covered that potential exploit.

Having said that, even if FM did allow this exploit I wouldn't use it. Too me it would take away the reality I was looking for and ruin my game. Add in that part of the fun of FM, and OOTP for that matter, is having those special youngsters at a lower level and waiting impatiently for them to finally make it to the Show\Premiership. If one is looking for a realistic experience what would be the point of exploiting the game? Because the game doesn't prevent it it's ok? To me it's really only a problem if the AI can do it.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote