View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 04:38 AM   #8
Gutie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Can you explain what you mean by "start up the game?" Any time you start a new game, the game will use the world default file that is in the data file. In order to have an existing game use an updated file, you need to reload the world default file (see the instructions here). So if you are trying to get an existing game to use an updated file and you haven't reloaded the file, you'll find that the game overrides your changes. Is that what's happening?
Every time I start up OOTP 20 it overrides the changes I made to it. Meaning it won't allow me to retain any alterations I made to it. I've even had the editor I'm using prompt me that changes were made after startup. Nothing to do with making a new game. Even starting up the program it keeps overriding it with the generic unedited version. I mean start up the game in the most literal sense. I've been trying to edit the defaults for the vary reason that it uses them. (Some of the national ratings are far too high imo, and a few a bit low, thus I wanted to edit those). But as stated, each time I start up OOTP 20 it forcibly changes it back.

Last edited by Gutie; 10-17-2019 at 04:43 AM.
Gutie is offline   Reply With Quote