View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 01:40 AM   #1
3fbrown
Major Leagues

Interest in historical league in its 94th year?

I see some folks on this board posting about their leagues. I am thinking about sharing my league as well, because my league seems somehow different and might be interesting. But there is a big difference - most people are posting in real time as they play through the league. I am actively playing my league, but it is in its 94th season already (started in 1901, currently in 1994). So I would be mostly posting about the history of my league.

Is this something people would be interested in reading? If nobody would care, that's fine of course, but I wouldn't spend my time writing it up. And I would hope to interact with folks - compare how you all run your leagues, and how they ended up.

Examples of possibly interesting things from my league: The dominance of the Boston Americans in the first decade, how the Athletics had a Murderer's Row much more potent than the actual one, why Joe Dimaggio got the nickname "The Beekeeper," and the absolute insanity of Mark McGwire's career thus far. And of course there are plenty of franchise and player histories that turned out to be unexpected or otherwise fascinating.

If enough folks seem interested (enough = more than zero?) and reply to this, I might start working on this in over the next few weeks. I posted this to the OOTP20 forum also, since there is presumably more traffic over there.
3fbrown is offline   Reply With Quote