Thread: Strangeverse
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 03:01 PM   #368
pauwoo
Hall Of Famer

2077 Season (6/28 – 6/30)

St. Louis Rams (43-30, .589, 1st NL East) @ Los Angeles Lakers (48-27, .640, 1st NL West)
When you think about the Rams, there are only 4 names you need to know – 2B Mike Duncan, LF Lynden Urmanski, RF Jonah Dove, and SP Josiah Weber. On their own, anyone of these gentlemen is capable of giving you fits, but, as a unit – when they are in sync – they’re enough to run you off the field post haste. After a .500 season in 2076, where they, ultimately, got swept in the second round of the playoffs, St. Louis has taken a giant step forward. They’re no longer a .500 club that you don’t have to be too worried about – not anymore – now they’re a club that gives you heartburn, a real “now I got worry” situation where there isn’t enough milk of magnesia to curb your anxiety – no, playing these guys is the baseball equivalent of a taut, boogie-down infused blues bombast straight to your face… it’s enough to knock you down and to make you wonder if it’s better to just wait it out instead of getting back up. It should be a tough set here for the La La’s… don’t get me wrong, we’re good for it, but I’d rather see these guys on better form.

76 of 162: EJ Powers (0-1, 3.86) @ Ferdinand Loving (4-0, 3.60)
Win, 7-4
. I decided to give Aiden a spell and to skip his turn in the rotation – the extra rest should help him right the ship – and put Ferdinand in as an Opener… he went a total of 41 pitches in 2.1 IP and only allowed a single hit while K’ing 3 – of course, our Skipper brought Aiden out of the pen and he didn’t fare so well – 3 earned in 0.2 innings of work – but Paul Wilson gave us 5 innings in long relief to secure the win and Barbaccia picked up his 20th save. I’m not sure if my experiment worked – but we got the desired result. Hamza scored three times, Voorhis twice, and Ethan drove in two… Double for Messick, triple for Ethan, and a homer for Voorhis… two steals for Hamza and an error charged to PEPPER. A good win, it got dicey there for a bit, but we dug deep and got it done.

Name:  76 Win.PNG
Views: 161
Size:  192.4 KB

77 of 162: Masaya Nakagawa (8-5, 3.41) @ Michael Brisk (6-6, 4.52)
Win, 4-3
. We’d get a good version of Brisky today – your boy has been up & down so far in 2077 – in a 7.1 IP performance with 10 hits, 3 earned, and 6 K’s, and Rajkumar Kosciusko went 2 for 4 with a HR and 2 RBI… 21st Save for Barbaccia (3 K’s, no hits), 2-out RBIs for PEPPER & OH HONG, and a swiped bag for Ethan – a nice 68-degree night at the park.

Name:  77 Win.PNG
Views: 154
Size:  191.4 KB

78 of 162: Josiah Weber (7-3, 3.11) @ Dejuan Burns (7-4, 3.13)
Win, 10-7
. We chased the goat out of this one during the 5th after charging 6 earned to his account – OH HONG went 2 for 4 with a 3-run homer, Rajkumar hit a 2-run jack, and Messick hit a double & a homer… the young bloods coming up wild. Garcia gets the Win in relief, Barbaccia secured his 22nd save, and Hamza collected his 33rd bag. We got ourselves a somewhat surprising home sweep against a good club that was in good form when they arrived in LA – not so much anymore, I guess…

Name:  78 Win.PNG
Views: 153
Size:  188.9 KB

Elsewhere: I purchased RF Ronin Greene off the Columbia Blowfish after my scout turned in a favorable report on the kid – looks like he could develop into a contributor & local fave with the proper seasoning – time will tell. He’ll be spending time in Compton working on his craft… Former Laker SP Merl Crawford (BRK) took home the Pitcher of the Month Award in the NL – he’s 10-3 with a 3.58 ERA so far in ’77 and went 5-0 in June. Our own Rajkumar took home Rookie of the Month with a .444 AVG, 3 HR, 14 RBI, and 9 run performance in June… he’s hitting .302 on the year. Derek Jeter went 0 for 4 with 3 K’s in his only appearance for Houston so far – yikes… Our lead on Phoenix is back to 5 ½ games – DANCE & REJOICE – and Brooklyn is now tied for 1st in the NL East with Pittsburgh while Montreal & STL are only a single game off the pace… Heathcote Kinton has taken the AL lead in WAR with Telma Tavares out due to injury – nice to see Kinton heating up, let’s hope he stays off the IL.

Name:  78 Ronin.PNG
Views: 158
Size:  109.1 KB

the Portland Pioneers | the Los Angeles Leopards
pauwoo is offline   Reply With Quote