View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 11:50 PM   #29
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canthereon View Post
Heinie Zimmerman (.255/.260/.480) for Dah Bears and Freddie Lindstrom (.286/.313/.352) for the Wizards. The Wizards are a strong defense (1st in ZR) with high average (1st) team while Dah Bears are more of a power (7th in HR) and pitching (6th in ERA) team.
Well done...Flyers use Schmidt...or Gehrig, we are usually kinda low statistically on D but I don't pay much attention to the league ranking for that, just make sure my D is not bad, for a period I used Eddie Mayo at 2B just because he had off the charts D ratings there, and Rey Ordonez at Short, they both worked out well, too...in part bc those positions are good to have D at, and in part I think bc the perfect leagues, the pitchers, a lot of them are K guys ..& some of these guys that are fundamentally sounder strike out a lot less than the guys that first come to mind for the best hitting team you can think of. Ordonez at least put the ball in play, & despite the low contact rating managed to hit for as good an average as every player on the team except a few.

I think Stargell had 100+ RBI 2 weeks ago. ...Trying to raise my average, I'm playing Shoeless Joe Jackson this week. I kinda liked the way I had it set up 2 weeks ago but had a problem leaving it alone. My whimes rule my preferred judgement calls.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 08-19-2019 at 11:59 PM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote