View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 02:28 AM   #10
Mat
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmeet7 View Post
I have a somewhat related question, though I hope I'm not thread-jacking this one. I'm also new to OOTP, and I decided to try an negotiate an extension and to sign a free agent. In both cases, I made my offers and the response was very positive. Both players ultimately came back and said they want more money or years.

What I can't figure out is what happens if I hold with my current offer. For the free agent, he mentioned another team offering more money for a shorter period, so I left my offer out there. For the extension, the player said he wants more money, but he didn't "reject" the offer.

If the offers are still outstanding and a player has said he's looking for more money or longer terms, do I just leave the offers outstanding and expect the players to get back in touch with me about ultimately accepting/rejecting the offer?
What will happen is they will usually accept a higher offer with another team. You can just leave the event sitting in your 'pending offers' list and it will disappear once he signs with someone else.

There are also times the interest in the player dries up. The player can sometimes come back to you (after you ignore their request for more money) asking if you are still interested and usually with a lower price.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote