View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 10:35 PM   #9
LegalEagle80
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmeet7 View Post
I have a somewhat related question, though I hope I'm not thread-jacking this one. I'm also new to OOTP, and I decided to try an negotiate an extension and to sign a free agent. In both cases, I made my offers and the response was very positive. Both players ultimately came back and said they want more money or years.

What I can't figure out is what happens if I hold with my current offer. For the free agent, he mentioned another team offering more money for a shorter period, so I left my offer out there. For the extension, the player said he wants more money, but he didn't "reject" the offer.

If the offers are still outstanding and a player has said he's looking for more money or longer terms, do I just leave the offers outstanding and expect the players to get back in touch with me about ultimately accepting/rejecting the offer?
I'm no authority but in my years of playing I've never seen a player tell you that he has a bigger offer from somewhere else but then come back and take yours if you hold firm. I think any time you get a message and another team has made an offer, it's labeled as a BETTER offer, not just a "different" offer.
LegalEagle80 is offline   Reply With Quote