View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 03:39 PM   #3
Kumar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I just want to register my annoyance at whomever it was that bought up/speculated on all the 78 and 79 silver cards and listed pages and pages of them on the auction house for sale at the same time. I don't think there's technically anything wrong here, but I think people can agree this is annoying to sort thru when browsing the AH.

Also wanted to reiterate my inability to speculate on cards myself. I'm clearly not trying to do volumes anywhere close to what I described above, but I bought a single 88/gold Willson Contreras card last night while watching the Cubs game. He's been nuclear hot this past week and I figured he'd be a shoo-in to go diamond. So, buy for ~2K and quick-sell for 4K was the gameplan. And he increased all the way up to...89? Again, I'm sure there's some algorithm, but I feel that Contreras should've got the bump to diamond for going 7/14 with 2 HR, 2 BB. Oh well, I suppose the sample size was just too small. Grumble grumble.
In response to your annoying to sort through comment, type wond|rook|leg|all-s|recor|hero into the player name box when on the auction house and you can filter out live cards. It will at least eliminate the large amount of 78-79 Live cards you are seeing. It's probably not the ideal fix to your problem, but it should still help a little
Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote