View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 02:15 PM   #12
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

okay, but is it worth it?

6000 more seats at the new ticket price - easy multiplication..

but, consider the income you lost on the other seats -- priceA*seatsA - priceB*seatsB ('A' being newer values). subtact that and if it's a positive # then it was a good choice relative to increasing income. if it is negative you have cost yourself revenue even though you sold more seats. (don't count season ticket sales in this calculation, i kept it simple but oyu have to subtract that first)

less convoluted then previous post: Focus on Average Ticket price at end of the season.. if your methods result in an increase compared to similar loyalty/interest years, you should continue to do that or even do it more.

that's how i eye-balled it. i kept increasing season ticket - regular season plus 5, then plus 10, eventualy nearly double and it was still increasing my revenues each year while i maintained similar fan interest and loyalty.

i don't know if my settings are default anymore ...

31000 attendance baseline and
$26.00 baseline ticket price.
not default- no revenue sharing of gate income.. definitely not default, but not relevant to this.

last year i had an average ticket price of 49.23. at the start of the year, if i want a full house i cannot price that ticket anywhere near 49.23. it only gets there because i can raid it throughout year, plus charging premium on season ticket price. i've had it higher, but i don't really try anymore, lol.. i adjusted market size to hit my normal revenue and ignore it now.

that's january 1st, i set season ticket ~double and then reduce opening day. normally i would increase throughout year and get a higher average ticket price than what is listed.

56k stadium.. all of this will scale.. even if you can't set it as high...

in bad years you may need to do the opposite to increase revenues.. trial and error.. if you end up with alower season ticket price average at end of year, do somethign different. experiment.

i clear 210-220M from gate revenue.. if i left it at ~36 i'd have roughly 73% of that (36/49) or 150-160M... by thinking outside the box i add ~50M of revenue compared to static reg/season ticket pricing. if stadium is smaller, it'll scale to that too. 75% les seats, 75% of the income compared to 56k.

with a 42k stadium give or take.. should have a goal of ~140M (**edit reduced 10M to 140) in years with high loyalty/interest. give or take a small amount.
Attached Images

Last edited by NoOne; 04-18-2018 at 02:51 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote