View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 03:34 PM   #885
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Noticed that some ABL are re-signing some players for a ridiculous amount (4x what their revenue is) which obviously is causing a problem.

I would upload a ftp but it's telling me it would take 7+ hours to upload and don't have the time tonight but I'll try and upload the save tomorrow when I get up, but I've put some screenshots up here in the meantime to demonstrate the issue.

Long has played 4 seasons in ABL (signed 800k deal after 3 full seasons)
Optiz has played 3 seasons in ABL (signed 800k deal after 2 full seasons)
Sookee has played 3 seasons in ABL (signed 800k deal after 2 full seasons)
Rivera has played 0 seasons in ABL (signed 480k deal 3 months after becoming free agent from American independent league)

As you can see on my financials screen there's no way a 800k+ contract should be getting handed out in the league. Even 90k contract is a bit high, but that one isn't a big issue as it's much closer to what the contract values should be.

On another note with ABL, while it might not be the 'official' rules might be worth restricting the number of foreign players on the active roster in the ABL as it seems to get really out of control after a couple of years. AI controlled teams just keep signing marginal foreign players and pushing out all Australian players from the active roster when in reality most ABL teams have at least a few Australian players on there.

EDIT: Checking some of the other leagues, and 3 Frontier League teams just signed 3 free agents (all previously played in independent leagues) for 3.8m, 494k and 484k respectively. Also a team from the Pecos League signed a free agent (never played above AA) for 489k.

EDIT2: Sped up and looks like the upload to the ftp finished, uploaded file is under the name SaulGoodmanSave

Last edited by Saul Goodman; 04-09-2015 at 05:52 PM.
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote