View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
as5680
All Star Starter

Play-Off Seedings

Further to my other thread regarding tiebreakers, I am also confused about how customised play-offs handle seedings.

Is there a formula for how OOTP decides which order to seed two teams with the same record (assuming they are both division champions or both wild cards as I have selected the option for wild cards always to be seeded lowest)?

Additionally, is the option for reordering seeds prior to each round supposed to ensure that the lowest surviving seed always plays the highest?

In my fictional league, I have four division champions and three wild cards making the play-offs, with the number 1 seed getting a bye. In the first round, seeds 2 and 3 advanced but seed 4 was beaten by the best wild card team (5).

I was expecting the reseeding to mean matchups of 1v5 and 2v3 in the next round, but OOTP puts 1v3 and 2v5. The wild card team did have a better regular season record than seed 3, could this have something to do with it? Additionally, 1 and 5 are from the same division - is there anything in the code that keeps division rivals apart?
as5680 is offline   Reply With Quote