View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #17
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

5/1/1903 - Year 2 begins

It was a quiet offseason for the Browns, where I explored a couple potential deals, but ultimately I just decided to stand pat. I was excited to see what my team could do, especially with the return of Wes Ferrell and the addition of Jerry Mumphrey in center. It's just been 7 games, but the early returns have been positive. I did get the dreaded Wes Ferrell suffered an injury - diagnosis pending message just a few days into the season, and I immediately thought the worst. Luckily it is just a day to day injury this time, so I guess the mystery diagnosis isn't a kiss of death.

On a side note, the random debut's are growing on me. Jon Lester was named pitcher of the month for the Philadelphia A's, and Jim Leyritz was named batter of the month in the NL for the St. Louis Cardinals. There is just something pretty cool about looking at the best pitchers in the league and being able to debate between Bobby Mitchell, who pitched in the 1870's, and a current pitcher like Jon Lester.

I was a little skeptical at first, but this concept is definitely growing on me. Here is a quick peak at the top top pitchers in career wins:

Bobby Mitchell - 54
Sam Weaver - 52
Win Mercer - 43
Camilo Pascual - 43
Dizzy Trout - 43
Ben Sheets - 41
Cliff Lee - 40
Jon Lester - 40
Syl Johnson - 39
Clayton Kershaw - 39
Attached Images
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote