Thread: Out of Africa
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 12:03 PM   #1
vistaman44
Hall Of Famer

Lightbulb Out of Africa

I am in the process of putting together a group of African fighters who fought from the mid 1960s through 2000 in the junior middleweight through heavyweight classes, and am going to use this thread for dialogue, fighter files and pics.

I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas you might have for the group. I am especially looking for fighter names I might have missed, particularly those who were born in Africa, but campaigned elsewhere (Europe, US, etc.), or who were born elsewhere, but fought primarily or exclusively in Africa.

I have gone through the TBCB database and pulled those fighters ranked by the game into a group, and will be updating the bios of those. I then went through BoxRec nation match lists by weight class and country to add more fighters, most of whom I have rated and added to the group. I will next be posting the lists of fighters I have so far by weight class.

Thanks in advance for your help and interest. When I am done, I plan to send the group to CornerWork to make it available for download to the TBCB community.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters, compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, philosopher and poet (1803-1882)

-----------------------------------
Currently operating 1970s SM-HW, 1940s, African, 1980s LW and women's boxing universes

Last edited by vistaman44; 03-07-2005 at 12:05 PM.
vistaman44 is offline   Reply With Quote