View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 10:22 PM   #10
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
I play with owner goals enabled (so far, I could easily change my approach over time) but with the can't be fired setting on. I know that is kind of silly as it means there really is no pressure for me to meet the owner's goals to keep my job. But I sort of try to forget that I can't be fired while running a team and although I believe very much in ignoring some owner's goals when they are just absolutely ridiculous, for the most part I try to meet them. Mostly just because it gives me another challenge even if there are no real ramifications if I fail.
I'm also by nature a people pleaser so even though intellectually I know that my owner is just code in a game- not an actual person- I find myself wanting to please him and feeling a sense of satisfaction when he heaps praise on me for doing what he asked. (And a sense of foreboding when I know the time is coming for him to review my actions and he isn't going to be happy about something and I'm due for a scolding.)

Oh, good. It's not just me.

Sidebar - or maybe more related to the OP than the above: I have been trying to satisfy my owner's desire to "sign a hometown talent". I have signed/traded for 3 different players all from my team's city - two in minors, one in majors. The goal remains unfulfilled. I think I give up...
Gruber_Tagged_Him is offline   Reply With Quote