View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 08:30 PM   #1
mking55
All Star Starter

I'm sorry to post this here, but a post in "quick questions" is a waste of typing

I started by posting in "quick questions". Cole tried to help (seems like a nice guy) but he's not a developer so that went no where.

I have a MAC and anyone on staff at OOTP who wrote anything was basically saying, "I don't use a MAC". Listen guys, you're selling software on a MAC so you should be able to answer questions.

I tried Private Messages. Jeff (who doesn't use a MAC) said he would let Sebastian know about my problem. Sebastian answered a couple of questions and then fell off the face of the earth. (Not really because I see he answers other questions and as he tells me, he's not a MAC guy.

There's a user on here named Duraniam who is not a MAC guy but tries to help, and he has a bit. I appreciate his help. I appreciate Cole's efforts. I won't say what I really think of the OOTP staff who is "supposed" to help. I think it's obvious anyway.

Okay, my problem is to do with photo's. If I create a game I get some default cartoon pictures. If I go back in after to "saved_games/graphics/player_pics" and replace all with the real photo's they show up. I don't think I should have to do that to get pictures to show so I'm doing something wrong or there is a bug. I don't know what it is because there is no one who knows about a MAC on staff at OOTP (or so it seems).

How do the real pictures get loaded when a league is created? I have put the real pictures in the 4 quoickstarts (/graphics/player_pics) as advised. I even put them in photos (/graphics/player_pics) but I keep getting the cartoon guys when creating a league.

I am obviously missing something or something doesn't work. The manual on this topic is useless (or I'm blind). Can anyone help me please? If you use photos on a Windows computer, perhaps you can tell me where your defaults lie. Maybe from that I can figure out the MAC because if I don't do it myself, then it appears at this moment no one at OOTP is going to help me (after all they don't know about MAC's).

I appreciate any help that may come my way.

Thank you,
Martin
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote