View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 12:17 PM   #82
billethius
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brife71
I've been doing this over the last few days and I like the results. The only problem I have is the stupid AI manager for the Boston Red Sox. It's 1926 and They have yet to make Babe Ruth A starter. He has great stats for when he plays (he starts every third game cause that's the platoon the manager gives him) But they never make him the starter. Over the last 4 years they have gotten a different right fielder each year to start the majority of the games over him. Other than taking control of the Red Sox as manager, is there anything that can be done about this idiot?

Brian
I had the same thing happen. I'm up to 1950 and Ruth - after being traded to the Pirates for a pitcher who played for four years before being out of the league - ended up as a platoon player (if that) and retired after the 1937 season with just 212 homeruns. This doesn't really bother me though.

On the other hand, Lou Gehrig retired after the 1945 season with 4220 hits, 738 homers (most in the league by about 150), 2553 rbi, 2685 runs, 2411 walks, and a .364 career average. He also accumulated 12 MVP awards, a rookie of the year, 5 world series titles, and several gold gloves.
billethius is offline   Reply With Quote