View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 09:56 AM   #49
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rink23 View Post
Baserunning is certainly the biggest bugaboo currently in the game, at least in how I play.
It's become basically a station to station game, runners already on base advance one base on a single, two bases on a double, etc.
You rarely have anyone score from first on a double or second from a single.
I've seen it even when a player appears to have a distinct advantage on the outfielder in terms of speed/baserunning to defensive ability/arm.
Even discounting the animation, it's frustrating when you 75 rated baserunner holds at third when the outfielder's arm is a 45 and there are two outs.
What's even more frustrating, is you're not given an option to send the runner and he holds on his own.
Even though I got burned on that the other day, had a 75 baserunner on third. Fly ball almost to the warning track in the left-field corner.
The left fielder, Harrison Bader, whose arm rating is 55, made the catch.
I sent the runner and was gunned down at the plate.
Again, don't trust the animation.
You are right... often I see a runner hold at third with less than two outs and the batter flies out deep.

And the animation has all kinds of flaws... the center fielder is playing extremely deep, back up against the fence, the ball hits in front of him, he fields it on one hop and the batter gets a double... you don't see this in real life... in general the center fielder wouldn't play that deep... the ball would have to be in the gaps or over his head for a double.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 11-07-2019 at 09:58 AM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote