View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 11:21 PM   #9766
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMocs View Post
Me again, txranger

I hope this doesn't come across as me being needy or asking too much. It consistently baffles me how much work you do on here for people.

You did such a good job on the Shiner set that I just can't help myself but ask if you could continue helping me piece together my Texas Collegiate Summer League. It's a six team league and the branding for one (Shiner) is already complete. I'm going to try to brand as many of these without your help as possible, but thought since you're Texan you might have special interest in helping me with the remaining 5.

First up is New Braunfels. I was thinking of calling them the Geächtete, which is Outlaws in German. If that proves difficult, I'm also happy with something river themed (maybe around Alligator Gar). I'm open minded.

Next would be Huntsville. I'm thinking something centered around the Piney Woods.

The final three are San Angelo, Brenham, and Victoria. I could likely find a Victoria Rosebuds set somewhere, so I guess I wouldn't call that an immediate priority of mine.

Wikipedia says some nicknames for San Angelo is "The Concho City" and the "Pearl of the Conchos". I was thinking either Conchos or Pearls could be a good nickname for them.

For Brenham, I was thinking Bluebonnets. Every easter we have dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's house in Chapel Hill right outside of Brenham, and the Bluebonnets are always so beautiful on that drive.

Any help you provide will be greatly appreciated. Again, I hope this isn't seen as too lengthy a request. I will be happy with one, I will be happy with five.

Happy Independence Day to the country that holds the greatest state on earth!

I have a Waco Rivermen set that you could use... I also have a SA Colts and a Victoria Rosebuds that you could use... I had a thought of doing a Brenham Blue Bells...

Last edited by txranger; 07-05-2019 at 11:12 AM.
txranger is offline   Reply With Quote