View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 08:24 AM   #9
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightdreamer2k View Post
I think the Crew will bounce back. I am Red Bull and NYCFC fan and the Crew have frustrated me on many occasions throughout the years.

I am hoping the Red Bulls are for real now and can make a run at MLS Cup. We will see. I hope both our teams can improve their attendance also.
I agree that they should bounce back. Berhalter's system was very structured, so players always knew where teammates would be. Porter wants a more free-flowing style, which I don't object to, but it has made for some games where the players passing is off because they aren't quite sure where each other are. I think it will work itself out.

I look forward to seeing what the new GM will be able to do. He did some great work in Toronto, so I have hopes. Picking up Guzman and Accam are decent finds, both really seemed to find there rhythm last week.

I always look forward to Crew-Red Bulls games, they always have intensity and are usually important to the playoff picture.

Attendance has been an issue for years in Columbus. It wasn't helped by Precourt's outright sabotage the last couple of years. I thought it was interesting, at the end of last year, when I realized that I did not receive a single call from the ticket sales department, or a single email, and neither did my daughter. WE have been attending games together and separately since about 2005. I am 2.5 hours away from Columbus, so never a full season ticket, but anywhere from 2-6 games, plus playoffs. We always get calls both pre-season and during the season. But not last year.

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote