View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu Style View Post
I’m actually in Lewiston right now for the NAIA World Series. I’m a play-by-play announcer for TV. This is wild seeing all of these logos in the forum. So cool! If anyone ever runs a simulation of the Series - don’t know how they could with the format and creating all the teams from scratch - I can guarantee a plug on ESPN3

Jorgy (can I call you Jorgy?) these are phenomenal. Can’t wait to see the LCSC Warriors (they’ve won 19 National Championships!).
Please forgive me for getting off topic.

Hendu Style, that's great... as a kid I used to listen to Harry Caray in the 50s on KMOX when he did the Cardinals games... people used to think I was a wild and crazy kid when I would do the play-by-play while watching the TV broadcasts.

They especially thought I was weird when I would create crowd noise while playing out a game using the APBA board baseball game.

Always wanted to be a PBP man... but the best I could do was a DJ and Program Director for 32 years... retired in 2002.

Incidentally, I did color on the Louisiana High School Class A Football Finals in 1973 between the Port Sulphur Broncos and Ascension Catholic Bulldogs... I did not want to do it... but the station owner made me do it.... he made real good money broadcasting the game.

I hate to admit it... I didn't do a very good job... that was the first... and last time I did a sports broadcast.

But I was a pretty darn good medium-market DJ... and an ever better Program Director.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 06-02-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote