View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 10:27 PM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallo55 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that the player development is too slow? In my saves I barely never see a player reaching his full 4-5 star potential. Right now at my save I have played 5 season and latest player who reached his 4-5 star potential is McDavid.

I have some examples, I could take hundreds of these players but I just take the top picks.

(ability / potential)

Patrik Laine 25yo 3.5 / 4.5 stars
Nico Hischer 24yo 3.5 / 5 stars
Elias Pettersson 24yo 3.5 / 5 stars
Miro Heiskanen 24yo 3 / 5 stars
Nolan Patrick 25yo 3 / 5 stars
Rasmus Dahlin 23yo 3 / 5 stars
Andrei Svechnikov 23yo 4 / 5 stars
Jesperi Kotkaniemi 23yo 3 / 4 stars
Filip Zadina 23yo 3 / 4.5 stars
Jack Hughes 22yo 3 / 5 stars
Kaapo Kakko 22yo 2 / 5 stars
Vasili Podkolzin 22yo 2 / 5 stars

Obviously most of these players still develops and Svechnikov and Kotkaniemi may get close to their full potential, but others most likely wont get even close. Like said I could take hundreds examples more, but I don't want to make this too long. I hope you can do something for this.
Just because a player has the ability to reach 5 stars doesn't mean he's going to get there. Most of the players you've listed will be good players, but not necessarily stars. Keep in mind, a 2 star player is an every day NHL. Players can still get to their peak in their later 20s (which could be the case with some of these guys) but many of them also have lapses where if they don't pick up or you're not putting development in, they may not go.

Laine is often a defensive liability.

Hischer and Patrick are good, but they aren't superstars. Their scoring will always be a question.

There's nothing wrong with Petterson at 3.5. If he reaches 4 stars (which is likely), I would argue that's about perfect for him.

All the rest look good, but they're unproven. Without seeing more information, it's hard to say if development is off. I think you're worrying a little too much here.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote