View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 08:03 PM   #75
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 1st, 1985

Today the Phillies are sending Kevin Gross (4-3, 3.21) against Jeff Robinson (1-5, 6.06)

We have our work cu tout of run, but we have won 3 in a row, so let's go!

Things started off bad right away as Juan Samuel hit a lead-off homer.

Phillies lead 1-0

I lead off the bottom half by grounding out to Mike Schmidt at 3rd. Chili Davis did a little better, smacking a two-run homer.

Giants up 2-1!

I got the 1st out in the 3rd, taking a Rick Schu grounder for the play. I made a nice play to end the inning as well, cutting off a throw from the outfield to gun down Tim Raines trying to turn a single into a double. Unfortunately they got a run.

Game tied 2-2

I lead of the 3rd by grounding out to Juan Samuel at 2nd.

In the 4th Philadelphia grabbed the lead when Von Hayes knocked a solo shot over the fence. They got another in the 5th when Craig Reynolds hit an RBI triple.

Phillies lead 4-2

I came up that inning with two out and nobody on. I grounded out to Schu at 1st.

Schmidt grounded to me to start off the 6th. In the 7th Jeff Robinson ran out of gas and Nestor handed the ball to Mark Davis. I got the 3rd out by taking a Don Baylor grounder.

In the 8th Mike Schmidt showed off his power with a solo homer taking Mark deep.

Phillies lead 5-2

I came up in the 8th with one out and none on. I grounded out to Schu again.

Scott Garrelts came in to pitch the 9th. He did his job but we were only able to scratch one run across before running out of outs.

We lost 5-3.

Another move after the game. Jeff Leonard was activated from the D.L.
Terry Harper was Designated.

In baseball it is a good idea not to get too attached to people.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote