View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 11:07 AM   #72
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 30th, 1985

We've got Atlee Hammaker. The Mets have Dwight Gooden. A nice afternoon for a ballgame. Let's get it in.

On the first we turned a nice Oberkell - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Lenny Dykstra and Wally Backman.

I started off the bottom of the 1st nicely, dropping a ball into left, getting a single from Gooden. After Chris Brown popped out I was sent to the bench on a Chill Davis fielder's choice.

In the 3rd I came up with one out and nobody on. I smashed the ball over Dykstra's head in centre and picked up a double! I moved to 3rd on a Brown ground out and then scored on a single by Chili!

Giants up 1-0!

We held that lead until eh 5th, when the Mets scored two, including one off a bad throw by Chris Brown.

Mets lead 2-1.

I came up that inning with two out and the bases empty. I flew out to Larry Herndon in left.

In the 6th Chili scored on a Bob Brenly grounder to tie things up.

Tied 2-2.

In the 7th I came up with two out and Mike Aldrete on 1st. Gooden struck me out.

Nestor had lifted Atlee for a pinch hitter so Scott Garrelts took over for us in the 8th. He get through that frame and then in the 9th I had my first defensive play, catching a pop off the bat of William Max for the 2nd out.

The Mets turned to Jesse Orosco to hold us in the 9th and push the game to extras. He was successful.

In the 10th I took a Backman grounder for the 2nd out.

In the bottom half I was scheduled to come up with one out and John Castino, who had just pinch hit for Garrelts, on 1st. Nestor went with John Rabb.

I guess the two hits I already had today don't mean anything.

Even worse, after we didn't score that put Tom O'Malley at short.

We did pull it off, though, with Rob Deer hitting a two-run homer in the 11th to give us a 4-2 win.

Ron Davis ended up with the win.

22-22

After the game Rabb was sent to Phoenix and Fran Mullins was called up.

They pinch hit for me with someone they then sent down?

The Phillies come in tomorrow. Two pitchers who are struggling a bit with Terry Mulholland going for us and Joe Niekro for them.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote