View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 03:31 PM   #67
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 24th, 1985

We are in Montreal!

I was more a Blue Jays fan than an Expos fan, but my grandfather will sure be watching this game!

We have Mike Krukow going and they have Ed Whitson. Good match-up!

Now I just have to start hitting.

I started off badly, striking out to lead things off.

I got into the act defensively early, taking a Pat Tabler grounder for the 2nd out of the bottom of the 1st.

In the 2nd I started a Priske - Oberkfell - Aldrete double play to get Al Cowens and Mickey Hatcher out.

I led off the 3rd by striking out again.

In the bottom of the frame Dale Murphy took Krukow deep with a man on. I got the 2nd out via a Tim Wallach grounder and the 3rd out via a Tim Flannery pop up.

Expos lead 2-0

I was up next in the 5th, with two out and Kenny O on 2nd. I grounded out to Flannery at 2nd... but he threw it past Tabler at 1st! Kenny O scored and I went to 2nd. Not as good as a hit, but I will take it.

Expos lead 2-1

We got a nice Oberkfell - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Murphy and Wallach to end the inning.

I also got the 1st out in the 6th off a Flannery grounder. Then another double play to end the 7th - this time it was Priske - Oberkfell - Aldrete to get Gary Matthews and Davey Concepcion.

I led off the 8th, now facing Greg Harris, and hit a nice single to left. Harris only faced me and was pulled for Gene Garber. You know what was coming. Everybody at State Olympique knew what was coming. Including the Expos who tried a pitchout on me but I outran it anyway. 34 for 36 in stolen bases. I then stole 3rd without Charlie Moore even making a throw. That is #35.

If only I was actually hitting. I would be stealing a lot more. As it is I am on pace for well over 100. More importantly, Chris Brown singled and I scored the tying run.

In the bottom of the 8th I snagged a Murphy grounder for the 2nd out.

Jeff Reardon came in for the Expos in the 9th and Nestor pulled Terry Harper for Tom O'Malley. That paid off as he singled. Eventually the bases were loaded with one out for... not me. Nestor went with John Castino.

That sucks, but I can't blame him. I am just not hitting.

Castino struck out but then Chris Brown knocked two in.

Giants up 4-2.

The Expos got one back in the bottom of the 9th but we still got the 4-3 win. Ron Davis got his 9th save and we were up to 20-19.

I just heard that my buddy Dave Linton is now pitching relief in AA Shreveport. He is doing well down there. Hopefully he can work his way back up.

And hopefully I don't see him on the way down.

Tomorrow we have Atlee Hammaker facing Bryn Smith.

````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited by rpriske; 05-09-2017 at 05:15 PM.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote