Traded Away:
C, Nick Bonino
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acquiring:
LD, Cam Fowler

Traded Away:
RD, David LW,
Mike Hoffman
4th Round Draft Pick in the 2019 Entry Draft.

2018/2019 Season Notable Trades Around The League:
- St. Louis Trade LD, Ryan Murphy for G, Darcy Kuemper from Calgary.
- Florida Trades, G, James Reimer & Right to LD, Philip Nyberg for LD, Nick Schultz & 7th Round in the 2019 Draft.
- Columbus Trades RW, Josh Anderson to Arizona for RD, Anton Stralman from Arizona.
- Colorado Trades LW, Tyler Ennis to Las Vegas for LD, Thomas Hickey.

Halton Hills Elite Bulldogs |2018/2019 Team League Stats:
[#1 for Goals Scored] (#2 is Anaheim) (#3 is Winnipeg)
[#1 for Least Goals Against] (#2 is Buffalo) (#3 is Florida)
[#1 for Power Play Goals Scored)] (#2 is Anaheim) (#3 is Washington)
[#2 for Power Play Percentage] (#1 is Anaheim) (#3 is Washington)
[#1 for Penalty Kill Percentage] (#2 is New York Rangers) (#3 is Buffalo)

2018/2019 | Season Notes/ Season Outlooks:
Team Roster:
Name:  2018-2019 Roster.png
Views: 447
Size:  480.6 KB

Line Up:
Name:  2018-2019 Season Lines.png
Views: 447
Size:  228.4 KB

Players Stats:
Name:  2018-2019 Player Stats.png
Views: 424
Size:  397.7 KB
Not So Saad!:
Brandon Saad can now rest easy as the seasons done and he can know that he blew out his best season of his career at the age of 26.

Saad had a career high in goals which he beat out Patrick Kane this season for the League Leading Goal Scorer (By 1 Goal). He ended the season with the most assists in the league with 72 (Kopitar 2 behind) and NHL Leader in Points with 120 (Sean Monahan 18pts behind).

Brandon was asked what were some major factors in his accomplishments this year. Saad said "My team". Which seeing whom he was partnered with all season, you can't really help but notice it's the truth. Saad Said "Half the season it was Kovi, Monahan and myself. We dominated out there til we lost Kovi with an injury."

Kovi went down Dec.28th during their game with Edmonton. Saad "It was really unfortunate for him. He missed 7 games this season because of it." Though he was gone, Oates found another successful pairing when James Neal jumped onto the first line. Saad Says "The way Neal came up into the first line really made things continue the way they did. Neal and Kovi are both great Veterans to be paired with, so it was an easy transition to have James finish the season with myself and Monahan."

This line is expect to be together starting the playoffs and will be the line to beat for any team.

Worth The Risk:
Sean Monahan was a questionable move during the offseason. He played only 39 games before this season with the Calgary Flames out of the 82 games. When he was in the lineup he produced as he had 35 points. The only problem was him being injured or out with some kind of issue. So when the Elite Bulldogs sent in the trade a 2nd round pick and Zemgus Girgensons to Calgary in the exchange, not everyone was convinced in the move.

Monahan had a huge season and made it all worthwhile (At Least for now). He played in all 82 games this season contributing 102PTS (A Career High) [41G, 61A] (All Career Makers). We hope to see the type of play he brought this regulation season into the playoffs for a long run.

GM Baker quoted at the end of the season "The risk was worth". As we know, Terence had high hopes for Sean Monahan coming here and Monahan did not let his GM down. Monahan says "It's nice to have that season *Last Year* behind me. I knew coming here I had to prove myself to everyone again." He also mentioned "I was also great to have the backing of the GM and my Coaches. I wanted to make sure I did my best for the people that believed in me."

The Defensive Duo Can't Be Stopped!
From start of the season... To the end of the season two men stuck together and dominated the blue line. Alexei Emelin & Derek Forbort simply just hit it off when paired together and never stopped. Not only that, They both had a career defying season! Emelin stats were blasted out of the water in his 9 Year NHL Career. All 82 Games were played as he contributed to 18G-54A for 72PTS and was 3 shy from last season for +/- with a +52.

Forbort's on the other hand has his first full season of 82 games in his 6 Year NHL Career. Not only that he had his highest point totals with 49 (7G) and a career high of 42A. He finished the season with a +/-: if 56 (Also a high). These two enjoy playing with one another and it shows. They will be the Defenders to beat come playoff time.

Goalie Stats:
Name:  2018-2019 Goalie Stats.png
Views: 413
Size:  68.9 KB
Steve Mason:
Mason was a workhorse this season. Oates had so much faith in Mason this season, he had a record starting 38 Games in a row. In mid February he went down finally when he fractured his foot and was out a month. When he came back, it didn't even look like he missed a beat.

Mason finish the season (51-12-5) on the season. He faced 1473 shots this season, allowing only 141 (GAA: 2.05, SV%: .904). He's expected to get the workload again as he looks to win his second straight Stanley Cup.

Backups Show Up:
Al Montoya and Calvin Pickard were called on when Mason went down and they didn't disappoint.

Montoya start the season as the backup and seen little time. The injury to Mason finally gave him some games. He split time with Pickard and went (6-0-0). He faced 93 shots, allowing only an amazing 3 goals against (GAA: 0.50, SV%: .968).

Pickard was in the AHL most of this season and was dominating down there. His AHL Record was (38-7-2) and his GAA was 1.88 and SV% .915. So he had proven himself to eventually win the backup spot from Montoya. He played 8 games while Mason was out post a (6-2-0) and allowed only 14 goals on 177 shots (GAA: 1.74, SV%: .921).

GM Baker says "It's Hard.. We have so many great goalies here." The way it looks, as long as we see no injuries, Steve Mason will get the workload and if needed, Pickard will be more than ready to step in to help.
TBiz is offline   Reply With Quote