View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 01:01 AM   #3
Anthropoid
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks a ton Commish! Some excellent information.

I've stopped my first 1902 match, as I came to the realization that some of the historical players were cloned. So there were (for example) two Honus Wagoners, two Jerry Burketts, etc. I think some how the settings I used were not quite right. If there is one shortcoming to this game I'd have to say: the sheer number of options make it a bit difficult to get into at first.

What I'd like to play: an early date (though not necessarily as early as 1902, if some other date would better suffice), in which all the leagues and teams are populated with real players (as much as possible), in which incoming rookies each year are primarily derived from historical rookies, in which the rate of economic change and the growth of teams and leagues and the birth of new teams more or less follows an historical path, but in which pretty much everything else is not tied to history. So for example I could conceivably take a middling team like Cincinatti Reds, and through lots of recruiting and trading, build it into a strong team, win a pennant and over decades build the strongest team in history . . . or something along those lines.

Basically, a historical ahistorical campaign!

However, I'm not sure that the "Historical leagues" game setup option is what I want to be using, as it seems it is intended to model a game world in which a lot of the background and ecological proceseses are closely tied to history (e.g. trades, rehires, player development, etc.).

The other other thing I'd like in my game world (and I'm not sure if this is unrealistic or not) is for there to be an ample supply (perhaps somewhat less than ample in early years) of rookies to recruit from minor leagues, feeder leagues, etc.

Despite my having setup my original game with all the leagues, I was never really able to recruit from them, though I did only play about 3 months before I realized the duplicate players were there.

Any comments or suggestions?
Anthropoid is offline   Reply With Quote