View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #96
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

It would appear that Bob Bask has decided to go which is a real shame. I like him and what he contributes here.

It's a bigger shame that we can't discuss an 800 pound gorilla that has been in the room for more than a year without people leaving over it. This isn't the fault of Brad or PWillis or Bear or anyone really. The BillyC challenge is a format where TBCB is asked be something it isn't in a proposition where it will either look good or fail. If you want to set it up to be judged, at least have it doing what it was intended to do in one of the many what-if forums on various boxing sites not doing what it isn't meant for against handicappers. Pick a fair fight or don't bother.

If I am wrong, someone please tell me. I don't see this as a great bit of exposure regardless the means or ends. I can find someone that will stand on a street corner in Conestoga and tell people that TBCB is horrible for free. I don't believe that exposure is good either.

Sometimes free exposure is good, sometimes it's worth what you've paid for it and other times, it's worth much less than that.