View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 09:50 PM   #60
ThePride87
Minors (Double A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I guess a lot of us didn't notice this given we're trained to ignore the OSA and always go with our scout....after testing I too can see OSA never changing from Very Low to Normal to 100%, but my scout suddenly 100% agrees with the OSA on 100% scouting. This is happening with every player on my team.

Edit: I understand the ratings under the hood are changing, I'm speaking along the lines of overall and potential grades for the player as a whole. That's where I'm seeing the problem....the whole point of the overall and potential ratings is to give you an big-picture viewpoint of the player, (regardless of how everyone here likes to play the game, please spare me a lecture). I would expect, for instance, OSA's rating of Jason Foley (Closer,Tigers) to not stay at 22/58 at all times while his basic pitching ratings are changing as I keep switching the scouting accuracy. Makes no sense. My team scout's overall and potential ratings are definitely bending as I make accuracy changes, why isn't OSA's?

JASON FOLEY - TIGERS (using him as a random example)

VERY LOW ACCURACY - OSA

Stuff 50/65
Movement 40/50
Control 30/30
Overall/Potential - 22/58

VERY LOW ACCURACY - TEAM SCOUT

Stuff 50/65
Movement 35/45
Control 35/35
Overall/Potential - 20/36

NORMAL ACCURACY - OSA

Stuff 50/65
Movement 40/50
Control 30/35

NORMAL ACCURACY - TEAM SCOUT

Stuff 50/65
Movement 40/45
Control 35/35
Overall/Potential - 20/36

100% ACCURACY - OSA

Stuff 50/70
Movement 40/50
Control 35/45

100% ACCURACY - TEAM SCOUT

Stuff 50/70
Movement 40/50
Control 35/45

How in the world could this player gain 5 potential to Stuff and 15 potential to Control, yet stay EXACTLY at 22/58 (as a closer)? Maybe with stars you could argue you wouldn't notice a change because it's such a bad rating system with only 10 outcomes, but a perfect 20-80 scale, you're telling me that didn't change his 58 potential one bit from low accuracy to 100%? Seems odd to me, it feels like the overall/potential ratings are stuck at 100% given the team scout agrees at that setting.

If I'm being redundant, I apologize, but I'm worried some people would only look at the stuff/movement/control settings, not seeing the problem being presented. I know some people here like to do "stats only" or maybe only care about the "stuff" rating for relievers, but I'm someone who loves to rely on the scouting to give me a rough estimate of what a player is/could be big-picture....this possible bug means I really had better hope I don't accidentally click on OSA and see the true ratings of my players. That would KILL the immersion for me.

Anyway, back to my hole....thank you Dyzalot for your efforts in this thread. Wanted to back you up.

Last edited by ThePride87; 01-10-2020 at 10:41 PM.
ThePride87 is offline   Reply With Quote