View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 10:35 AM   #9
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
IMO, it is a myth that OOTP is mainly a GM game. The last decade has seen all kinds of improvements to the historical league experience. The myth should be laid to rest. As to your questions: The AI will now keep a 25-man roster. So, that's no longer an issue. If you enable commissioner mode, you can choose to manage any game on the schedule. Just be sure to take control of the team of your choice in the pre-game options. In my experience, single-season replay produces the best results using 1-yr recalc. The only option I change from default is the "adjust hitters" value. I change it from 300 to 150. If you have other questions, just ask. Hope you enjoy the game.
Just reread this post and I can't tell you how much I agree with you about the myth being dead. I've always felt Markus and Co. have been a little too shy/humble when it comes to the historical side of OOTP. Well, with the addition of real injuries the time has come to start bragging and to start promoting this game as a honest to goodness replay game. I set up a historical league using real transactions(didn't use real lineups) in 1948 and let the game sim to 1976. Looking at the careers of players during this period blew me away. Aaron hit 727 home runs. Mays 640. Kaline 422. Career batting averages were so close. The myth is dead folks and OOTP no longer needs to use disclaimers like OOTP isn't meant to be a replay game ever again.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote