View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 03:24 PM   #12
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Well sure, if you're going to make stuff up, then that would make everything a whole lot easier

I imagine that purists wouldn't be satisfied with that solution, but for some of those early ballparks there's practically no information available. [
We have to accept what is available and work with what we got. Unless a purist can bring up the data it doesn't matter. They wouldn't be force to use them. Basing a ballpark on the ones we do have is better than none at all.
When simming from that era i find the fictional setup the game uses hard to accept as we have the information and can do something about it.
But when it comes to getting every trade date correct, i am more lenient
at just gettting the players and teams correct when no date is available.

No it may not be the exact South End Grounds of those years but we could have an educated guess at what it looked like. I'm not sure that even purists would get upset since there is no data. I think they would get upset if the ballparks were modeled after Three Rivers Stadium or even the retro parks. If its done in the style of the 19th century parks and is an option then it might work. Anything close would be better than feeling like every game is on the same field.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote