View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 01:09 PM   #23
DFyvie
Major Leagues

Kurri scores 1200pt in draw with Sharks
12/12/1991 22:00 PST

It was a milestone 12 years in the making, but it only took All-star winger Jari Kurri 9.09 into the first period Thursday night to score his 1200 point of his amazing career.

“Getting it on the powerplay was really sweet.” Recalled the Finnish sniper. “I owe all of these points to the amazing players I’ve had the benefit to play with, over the years.”

Overshadowed, but still happy, was Sharks’ winger Johan Garpenlov (pictured) who had a great night himself. 2 goals and 2 assists ensured Garpenlov the first star of the game as he figured into every one of San Jose’s goals. “The puck just found me tonight. I’d be happier if we’d won, but I’ll take a draw against (the Champions).”

Also scoring for the Sharks were Jeff Odgers and Stephane Richer. Glenn Healy faced another barrage and turned aside 43 shots.

All in all it was an eventful game. San Jose went down 2 early and slowly managed to climb back, despite losing their top defensemen Craig Muni.

“He’s down with what looks like a broken bone in the elbow. X-rays don’t look good.” Said Coach Fyvie, who later confirmed that the defender will be down for 6 months.

Next the Sharks will host the Minnesota North Stars on the 14th. The first place Oilers will return home to face the Winnipeg Jets, also on the 14th.
Attached Images
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote