Thread: Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 06:17 AM   #5
hockeyman001
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've just started playing an alternate 1998 NHL game, and the game is definitely fun to play. I'd love to see the following in the future though:

-Ability to switch between GM only and GM/Coach mode as in OOTP.
-Ability to make roster and lineup decisions as GM only despite having a coach in place, taking out the need to manage game tactics but maintaining control over the lines / D pairs. Allow all levels of this to be customized, IE allowing someone acting as GM to decide who dresses, which goalie starts, build line combos and D pairs, set player offensive and defensive roles, choose attacking and defending tactics by line, set overall tactics, etc. Each of these should be a line item for the player to choose if they want to control or they want their coach or assistant GM to decide, similar to how it is for baseball lineup decisions in OOTP.
-More historical leagues (back in the days I played EHM, that game was unmatched for depth and realism, but I hated that you could only play the current season unless you were willing to edit the database for months, and there were no fictional options). It adds to the realism if you go back in time to play a historic NHL season and everyone's stats load not just from the NHL, but all pro leagues.
-More flexibility in editing the structure, rules, etc. of a league, including certain things within the season.
-More control over limiting AI roster decisions as in OOTP, the ability to lock rosters league wide in commissioner mode, etc.
-More control over league play parameters and individual player tactics, IE the ability to tell certain players how frequently to fight instead of relying on the aggressiveness ratings. While the current system generates realistic PIM totals, sometimes players who had high PIM totals from a lot of minors and misconducts end up fighting way more often that in real life. Also, ability to add a fighting weight class for players, which is used to generally match them up against similar opponents in fights. I've noticed that the game tends to put players significantly out of their weight class quite often just because the player has ratings that can cause them to fight - IE Alexei Kovalev fighting Bob Probert.
-Use sportsmanship only to control frequency of misconduct penalties, add a dirtyness rating to control frequency of major penalties that result in suspensions/game misconducts/match penalties
-Enhance goalie offense system so goalies occasionally get assists and even (rarely) score goals. Have an attribute for goalie goals, though they should remain extremely rare even for someone with a high rating. 60 games into an alternate 1998 season, no goalies in the entire league even have 1 assist. Also goalie penalties.
-Have a bench management rating for coaches and assistants that is used to determine the frequency of too many men on the ice penalties. Have a demeanor rating for coaches and assistants that is used to determine the frequency of bench minors for coaches.

Last edited by hockeyman001; 02-08-2018 at 06:24 AM.
hockeyman001 is offline   Reply With Quote