View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 03:21 PM   #1
moore4807
All Star Starter

DYNASTY - Florida Panthers

Well having read many of the other Dynasties (and admired them all for the effort and skill put forth) I thought I'd try my hand at it.

******** When Creating a Franchise P L E A S E un-check the leagues you are not going to play... ie; I'm playing NHL so I uncheck all overseas leagues and Federal League and ECHL. This speeds up the sim capabilities of the game dramatically!!! I also recommend choosing the daily save in manager options. If you have unchecked the other leagues - its no more than 15-20 seconds per day delay when simming to do daily saves.

I have a slightly different flavor in that my beginning post will deal with the "nuts and bolts" of the franchise and its manager. I have noticed that there is very little attention paid to the front office/scouts/coaching relative to the roster. That's right where we will begin here...

First lets look at the Panthers financials - $73M Budget / $53.4M payroll, with $17.7M if free cap space. The difference between the budget and payroll/cap space figures means I'm holding between $1.5/$2.0M in dead cap/penalty space for now. Oh well - that's not crippling to my plan.

Second is my injured players - Ed Jovanovski is probably most if not all of the dead cap space on my roster, End of his career player - but loyalty does mean something and I can use his skill set for my style of managing. More on that soon.

Messages - Here is the games gold mine in my bonehead opinion. This is where most of the day to day business is done and where my plans go to wither on the vine... I see a scout has reported on the 2014 Entry Draft but I'm not checking on it just yet. There is more important set up work to do first.
Attached Images

Last edited by moore4807; 01-19-2015 at 06:45 PM.
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote