View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 04:39 AM   #9
DAL 9000
Minors (Triple A)

DAY 3 REPORT: Father's Day. No progress.

DAY 4 REPORT: Spent aaaaalll my time on an unrelated personal project. Once again, no progress.

DAY 5 REPORT: Finished up the first sub-section! I also decided that, if I come up with any ideas for Totally Kewl Features (tm) in the course of this project-- like, for instance, my elaborate idea to create a bunch of player agents, which I mentioned above-- I will NOT immediately start trying to make it work. Instead, I'll make a note of it... and then completely ignore it until I've fully edited all the categories. This will keep me focused on the most important work, as opposed to getting sidetracked every time I think of something nifty.

Today's sneak preview of the coming attraction that is DAL's English.xml file: text object #3267, which was the last object I edited in the got_better_offer subcategory. Since it had been a long and grueling process, I figured it was time for a fiesta.

A /limerick/ fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Text object #3267
I'm feeling creative today, so I'll put this in the form of a limerick:

There once was a miserly club
That was awful with bat and with glove
They told me, "Please play for us
Our groupies are splayferous--
And cash? You'll be paid like a scrub!"

Except I'm not a scrub. I've been in the league for quite some time now, and I deserve a better salary and more respect than you're apparently prepared to give me me. Happily, [Team.City Link] is offering just that, so unless you want to prove me wrong by offering a better contract, I'm pretty sure I'll sign with them.

Yours irately,

[Person.Link]
OVERALL PROGRESS REPORT:

CURRENT CATEGORY: PLAYER CONTRACT NEGOTIATION (#1 of 7)
CURRENT SUBCATEGORY: PLAYER_CONTRACT_REACTION_NEGATIVE (#2 of 13 in category)
PROGRESS ON SUBCATEGORY: 0%

COMPLETED SUBCATEGORIES: PLAYER_CONTRACT_REACTION_GOT_BETTER_OFFER

SIDE PROJECTS:
Player agents

Last edited by DAL 9000; 06-21-2006 at 06:36 AM.
DAL 9000 is offline   Reply With Quote