View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 12:09 AM   #6
DAL 9000
Minors (Triple A)

Taking the feedback in order here:

1. Thanks, endgame. And I do mean that-- thanks. The first response to a dynasty thread always takes a load off the writer's chest-- and this /is/ basically a dynasty report, when you think about it. It's just that whereas most dynasty reports are about boring things like teams and players and alternate universes and one man's long struggle to overcome the odds and ultimately triumph in a moment of powerful emotional satisfaction, /my/ dynasty's about /exciting/ things, like editing the English.XML file for hours every day. If this thread were an album, it would totally go platinum, f'r sure.

2. Y'know, I'm not sure how to feel about that, treedom. On the one hand, I'm embarrassed that I didn't realize that earlier. On the other hand, by saying that much of the text is, um, not quite up to snuff, I've also just insulted some longstanding members of the community by accident. But on the third hand, they deserved it. Seriously, some of the text in there is terrrrrible. But on the /fourth/ hand, how come I keep thinking there's a little nip-slip going on there with your avatar?

I mean, I know there's /not/, but still, for just a fleeting moment every time I see that picture, I'm dead certain there's a wardrobe malfunction going on before my tender eyes. And it occurs to me... if you're ever about to be lynched by a mob of rowdy 12-year-old boys, all you have to do is pass a copy of your avatar around the crowd and sneak away while they're all hypnotized by its nipple-licious power of suggestion.

Your avatar is a survival tool.

3. darkcloud's right! OOTP Text Editor /is/ a great tool. In fact, "great" doesn't even begin to describe it; it's already leapfrogged Catobase as my all-time favorite OOTP utility.

Lemme tell you something. If the guy who wrote the editor were here right now, I'd give him a bear hug and start weeping uncontrollably in gratitude. Then he'd mumble something awkwardly and try to disengage himself from me, but I'd just start sobbing even harder and let out an incoherent cry of joy as I used his sleeve to loudly blow my nose. And after he shoved me and started running away in terror and disgust, I'd fall to my knees and scream, "WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME, MY SAVIOR?!"

Because I'm just that grateful for it.

Last edited by DAL 9000; 06-18-2006 at 12:13 AM.
DAL 9000 is offline   Reply With Quote