View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 11:40 AM   #32
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I remember having FHL myself but never used it. Instead started a OOTP (3) Online League and the rest is history.

So I can't really compare the FHM Online League mode with FHL.
I was in a few FHL leagues. It was fun for a while, but the sim engine kind of sucked.

There was one owner who had an embarrassment of riches as far as depth.
I think a prime Kovalchuk was on his 3rd line.
His AHL team was so good, I'm sure it would have beat most of the NHL teams in our league.

However, he could never win the Cup. Instead, he'd always lose in the conference finals or in the Finals to a team that was far inferior.

I know, I know, anything can happen. But far too often, mediocre teams would make it to the Cup and win.
I know first hand because one of my teams did. I had no business being there. Especially when my first line centre was Jeff Taffe. Remember him? Nobody else does either.

We later found out that the FHM software would increase players attributes depending on the strength of the overall roster.
So with a poor team like I owned, a scrub like Taffe, who was was probably an OV of 63, was able to perform like an 80OV.

This meant that teams with very strong rosters would have players that underperformed.

The stacked team I mentioned above never had more than 1 player score more than a point-per-game.

When we discovered this information, we made the change to the Simon Hockey software - which was a good upgrade.

Anyhoo, I'm really looking forward to seeing what FHM2 has in store.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote