View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 04:20 PM   #106
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Catching up on this thread...I'm not sure I do anything special. I just let him play every day (leadoff vs R, 8th vs LHP) and of course my ballpark fits his skills (1.1 for LHB AVG & gap, minimum for everything else). His batting average isn't THAT amazing (lifetime .288) but since he gets on base consistently (.350 career OBP in perfect) and plays AMAZING defense, that's where most of the value comes from.

Just checked and confirmed he is still averaging 7 WAR/162 (tops across all 3 of my teams) after 13 seasons in perfect. In terms of batting average though, he is my 3rd worst regular. It's all about the defense & walks.
I still think you are the Lenny Dykstra whisperer.

My Lenny's 162's are something like: .271/.331/.402, 7 HR, 98 wRC+, 4.0 WAR.

Maybe I overreacted a bit to his hitting .240 with bad OBP over the past couple of seasons because the two before that were pretty good. Not 7-WAR good, but still pretty scrumptious. Considering that he's only played 440 games for me and has been training in LF/RF for much of that time (or his per-162 WAR would probably be closer to 5 or 6). I should also keep in mind that my ballpark factors are more 1.05-ish than your 1.1's. Then again, I also platoon him so he never sees lefty pitchers and I'd think that nullifies some of the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
INKO once again shells Roger Clemens in game 5, winning the game 7-3 and the series 3-2. Hey, at least Huntley got on the board in this series...

Gee, I wonder who the goat was? Hmm...

Game 1
R. Clemens (L, 0-1) 1.1 8 6 6 0 1 0 30 20 40.50

Game 5
R. Clemens (L, 0-2) 2.2 8 6 6 1 0 50 34 27.00

Never once in his 33 starts during the regular season did Clemens last fewer than 5 innings. Playoff baseball...
Don't rage quick sell him! Don't do it...

...instead post him 1 PP above quick sell and give him to me.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote