View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 05:40 PM   #298
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegman0492 View Post
Now that MLB OOTP 21 is out, is the football game even going to happen? Just curious.
Yes, it's still happening.

When exactly? They still don't have an answer, but Jim is done w/ about 99% of the engine and 95% of the screens:

1-10-2020
Quote:
I think Markus and I have made the reasons very clear. The most important question is how much of the GUI work can I do myself and get the game itself in place (because the engine is about 99% done and about 95% of the screens are done - but the pieces that make them look good haven't begun yet).

We just didn't anticipate the direction the company would take. They have to follow this opportunity. They've worked so hard for it, and now it's within sight, but all hands are needed. I've even tried to pitch in, but they tell me not to.

I feel terrible that the game isn't out. It's not what any of us wanted. All I can promise is that once we're at a beta stage, the PR machine will start and you'll probably wish you heard less about the game.

Until then, though, this company is all about baseball and hockey and it's not my place to talk about the game in any detail. I respect that. It's a process, and it's one that's proven to work.