Old 02-16-2020, 07:41 PM   #190
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
I was very impressed but..

Perfect-est?

I can nitpick....

Why would you play Willie Mays in LF and DiMaggio in CF? Doesn't make sense to me. Why 3 RH 2nd basemen...superfluous...add 99 collins and sell any 2 of the others. I'd want one more LHP in my pen for playoff matchups, I would jiggle the lineup a bit as well, not 5 lefties then 4 righties, makes it too easy on the AI.

I can come up with more, but it would be classified.
You should share. Make some of us MLB GMs one day or something.

But I would say you ARE INDEED nitpicking...

They are ranked 10th of all the teams in the PT Universe...& that's winning % alone among teams that have at least 3000 wins... I have played EDIT: 4 or 5 of the others & my team was not as good at the time... but still performed better...PT 2.0 has been a continual part of my life and I have become sort of (like I might have been managing better early on) and maybe I had no answers because of computer fatigue...

Buuuut....I've noted Singapore, the Bombers (who finished below .500 one season to demonstrate a note on why 11th best win % doesn't necessarily mean 10 teams are ....more well-constructed than theirs)... the NO Brees, & the Singapore Sluggers as the best.

Match-ups as well....umm, hey I guess I COULD have won the series & I wouldn't have praised them as much...but I honestly was like for once, feeling, in ALL probability this team will beat me 3 times before I beat them 3 times. So I might just be saying they'd be the hardest team for MY team to face, not anyone's. But have averaged nearly 125 wins a season. (124.7)

It's just a small person's opinion, though. Don't sweat it. Plus what I said in the previous post about perfect, (perfecter), perfectest. It all points to it being a fairy tale of sorts, the idea of a perfect team, even in a computer program.; that's basically my explanation for why you can point out flaws with their team.

You could do it for any team if you look for them...you probably know that.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 02-16-2020 at 08:10 PM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote