View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 02:54 PM   #7
plannine
All Star Reserve

After the initial draft, most players come in at the age they were during their first MLB season. (The only exception, which i have not experienced, might be players who had a inconsistent mlb career, with large gaps in their playing time due to injury, full seasons in the minors or military service)

In my playing with random, I try to have a limit on growth, so I have used the late 1890's as my starting date, with players from any 10 year time period for the initial season.
I will usually take any HOF'ers who show up in the initial draft, late in their career out of the draft (delete), import a new rookie version of them

The first season, I usually select 1948 as my base, and I play around with the modifiers (after every 2 weeks or so) until the league leader stats look close to what I want the league to look like.I usually make small adjustments over time, but try to keep things under control (1950's numbers). Each season my draft pool settings are 5 & 15 (NO MINORS) After the first year, I expand the player pool 10 years in both directions, and do so each year until all players a included. Since my focus is to have reasonable league leaders, the league totals can (and will) be a bit off. Long as I don't have people hitting 200 home runs, stealing 200 bases or striking out 200 batters in 100 innings pitched, I am happy.

Another thing you could do, is to run the initial draft, release all players, delete all free agents, then import whatever players that you want in your first season.

Last edited by plannine; 05-12-2019 at 08:47 PM.
plannine is offline   Reply With Quote