so49as
Major Leagues

Game 57 – June 13th
2 – Royals
1 – Seattle

WP – Charlie Leibrandt (6-6)
LP – Matt Moore (6-5)
SV – Dan Quisenberry (10)

Brett singled in Wilson and Collins in the 3rd, and that's all Leibrandt needed. He scattered 9 hits across 7 innings, striking out 2. Quisenberry got the final 6 outs.

Game 58 – June 14th
2 – Royals
4 – Seattle

WP – Salome Barojas (2-2)
LP – Mark Huismann (0-1)
SV – Ed Vande Berg (1)

The fluid right-handed-close-game reliever derby fell on Huismann who gave up a 2-run homer to Gorman Thomas in the bottom of the 8th to give the Mariners the lead.

We still should have won the game. We loaded the bases in the top of the ninth with no outs, but Brett and White couldn't bring anyone in.

Game 59 – June 15th
5 – Royals
4 – Seattle

WP – Mark Gubicza (6-4)
LP – Matt Young (8-3)
SV – Al Holland (2)

Gubicza was cruising with a shutout and a 1 run lead when we scored 4 in the 8th with the help of a Hal McRae 2-run double. Which was fortunate. I wanted to get Gubicza the shutout, but he loaded the bases in the 9th. I chose LaCoss to try and finish the non-save game, but he gave up a Grand Slam to Dave Henderson. With Alvin Davis up next, I brought in Holland to finish the game, which he did with only a walk.

Game 60 – June 16th
0 – Royals
3 – Seattle

WP – Mark Langston (4-5)
LP – Larry Gura (0-2)
SV – Ed Nunez (11)

Mark Langston came into the game with a 3-5 record and an ERA over 7. And he of course, he combined with Ed Nunez on a shutout. We had 7 hits, but couldn't string them together. McRae got on base 3 times, but White and Balboni went 0-8 behind him.

Gura pitched OK. 3 runs in 6 innings, 4 walks and 3 strikeouts. Farr pitched and struck out 1 for a clean inning.

-
A split, which isn't the best outcome, but it does mathematically improve our record.

Chicago improves to 500!

-
My record 28-32; 3rd; - 2 games behind Chicago
Real Life: 30-30; 4th; 3 games behind Chicago
so49as is offline   Reply With Quote