View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #51
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Yes I'm simming once i get behind 5 or 6 runs usually. The problem is when Im playing. As soon as I sim out the game my pitchers actually pitch. When Im playing its batting practice even with Scherzer Strasburg and Corbin.

Please don't quote someone if you're not actually quoting them. I never said i "played OUT". I said if I play AT ALL. That includes games that i started to play and simmed because there was no chance to come back.

As soon as the sim starts the team plays like they should. In other words the game can't know Im not going to play through when it starts behaving this way. Im pretty sure darn near every HR my starters have given up was when I was playing in innings 1-3.

To the other poster, yes I am a he.

Also, of course the story is narrowing down to the problem. I posted to figure out the problem. Through the posts here I am learning the specifics of the issue as well. As my frustration mounts I play less of the games as soon as I see the same thing happening again being down anywhere from 2-0 to 7-0 in the first inning. Its helping me learn that as soon as I sim "out" the game my team plays like it wants to win regardless of situation or inning.
When I first posted I did play most, if not all, of the aforementioned games.

Thank you to everyone helping and giving their 2 cents. Its making my ticket easier to report to the devs.
This response infuriated me so much that I decided I had to jump on my computer to make it easier to respond, in detail.

I'm going to quote your original post...

I'm in late august, some 125 games into the season on my Nats team who is 86-39, and I have yet to win a single game that I "played". I probably have 25 of those 39 losses. No joke I have not won a SINGLE game that I have taken the reins. Is something wrong?

I played the games all the time in ootp19 and got a realistic experience for the most part. Now literally no matter what I do if I try to play a game it's a loss, automatically. Is my game bugged?

I specifically bought 20 because they said they improved the 3d animations, and I basically have to completely ignore the "play game" feature because it's always a loss and I don't want to put my team into that much of a hole.

Anyone else have any other similar experience? My team is fine, obviously based on the record, when I auto-sim, but as soon as I play it's game over before it starts. They're usually out to a 5-7 run lead before the 3rd inning every time. I'm frustrated.

I don't want to abandon what I consider a critical part of the game because of this nonsense.

See the italicized portion. Do not try to tell us that you've been saying something different the whole time. It clearly states that you have not "won a single game" that you have "taken the reins of". For a reasonable person, that would indicate that you are playing the games out in their entirety. Now (and I've said it, just as others have), your story has changed again. This is like throwing darts at a dartboard while blindfolded. Again, I'm someone who plays out EVERY SINGLE GAME. And I mean it. Every single game for my team, I play start-to-finish, in one-pitch mode. (Please don't tell me that you play in pitch-by-pitch mode, because that'll make me play a few games out that way, just to prove my point). I just started a new standard MLB file. I am currently 8-2 (and small sample size, but speaking of trends, I have literally won three, lost one, won three, lost one, won two...) Should I be saying that something's wrong because I haven't won four in a row? (Granted, I haven't played the 11th game just yet).

Bottom line: Don't accuse anyone of making things up or misguided assumptions when we are only going off of what YOU tell us.

And I want to reiterate for anyone who wants to slam me for my "tone" of this post. The OP set himself up for this with post #47.
slugga27 is online now   Reply With Quote