View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 02:10 PM   #4
G-Force
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
Very interesting. This is the kind of thing that I like. Players from all eras competing against each other.

I was in an all time greats league about 15 years ago in which 24 different human owners bid on players (about 20 put up at a time) from a pool of 552 players.It was a different (simpler and inferior) game obviously and all played online. We each had a certain amount of money to spend. Anyway, in a 24 team league my forwards included Rocket Richard Esposito, Bobby Hull, Dionne, Selanne, Mogilny, Simmer, Frank Nighbor, Dit Clapper, Newsy Lalonde, Aurel Joliat. This was before guys like Crosby and Ovechkin had ever played an NHL game. My defense and goaltending were quite below average but it didn't matter. My team was so strong that a lot of owners quit after one season. So the league was abondoned. What could have been

Still trying to figure out what my "ultimate" will look like. But I'll be watching yours.
Do all your players start at 18 years old or what?

Pretty cool to have had that back then...that sounds like a formidable attack!

I've got 18 rounds of the draft done (out of 30). I'm importing everyone based on their 3rd import year, so pretty much everyone is 18 and 19. I'm not familiar with the development engine well enough to know for sure whether that's best or not, but it seemed a lot of guys were really low when imported in their first year (at 16 or 17 years old) and I didn't want to leave THAT much of their development to chance. This way seems to be better. Your top studs are starting at 2.5, 3, some even higher.

We'll see, but I'm looking forward to doing it. I'm trusting the game here rather than adjusting ratings. When I created this stuff for OOTP, I developed formulas for rating players because I know baseball like the back of my hand. I love hockey but I can't analyze players and ratings the same way as I do with baseball. So the game has full control here.

Thanks for following along!

GH

Check out my Dynasty Threads

The Alltime Hockey Association
The Alltime Baseball League
Austin James: Playing For His Life (a Vietnam-era baseball drama)
The Pastime Boxing Association

Last edited by G-Force; 01-19-2020 at 04:43 PM.
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote