View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 02:16 AM   #7
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
For non-whales, at least most of us, finally climbing to the Perfect League levels is NOT FUN! My current league has SIX, count them, SIX whale teams! One of them has won TWELVE Perfect League titles and has SIXTEEN perfect cards! Oh yeah, cuz my team who's average card cost of 25k stands a snowball's chance against that! JOY!

Just make a "Whale" league. Call it whatever, I don't care. But the moment a player's 25-man roster costs four digits in total PP value per dollar, they immediately get placed in it and can never be demoted. They clearly need an actual challenge factor, and what's going to give them that? People of their own ilk, and 29 of them all grouped together. You can make the bottom two penalty I don't care what (make a Whale ladder, for all I care), and give the top 2 teams I don't care what (give them more perfect cards for all I give a hoot), just go throw them all together and let the rest of us who just want to have fun making fun teams that don't include Cy Young, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Walter Johnson, ect. have fun climbing our own ladder. Seriously, this is bullcrap. I don't even want to look at my team after Saturday because I know I'll have the road wild card and get done up cuz the wild card team will be starting Walter Johnson and I'll lose in a shutout. When you can predict accurately the result of your game/series, the game isn't fun. It's about as enjoyable as (for those of you who play Magic) Esper control matches when you're not even running a deck that has blue in it (oh he'll counter this, he'll kill that, he'll exile this thing, he'll bounce that, and I'll get decked out in ten more turns).

They're special snowflakes. Put them in their own special snowflake league with each other. The game will be better off. Heck, who knows, maybe it'll encourage more people to want to be whales! You guys like money, right? Of course you do. There ya go, make more money, they get a real challenge, we get less of a headache...everyone wins!

"four digits in total PP value per dollar" What does this mean?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote