View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 03:17 PM   #11
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
Update:

It was definitely the Hook settings. Combining a Very Quick Hook with use of relievers and closers set to Rarely and Very Rarely creates situations that the game obviously doesn't handle well. Thanks for making me look at that more closely, I hadn't noticed that.

I changed the Hook back to default and ran a couple of years ahead. Presto, back to normal.

Now the question is, how did the hook setting get to -5? I certainly never set it at that. I've started a test league in 1937, and the hook is set to default. In fact, I've tried a number of years from the deadball era to today, and the hook always starts at default, and changing the year within the game does not change it from default.

I have no idea how it got set to very quick, but I'll certainly be watching that in the future...
I noticed the other day one of my OOTP 19 leagues switched itself up at some point from 0's in the hook settings to what I believe is the modern day setting, -3 for starters and -5 for relievers. Considering that was a feature that iirc was added in during an OOTP 19 patch, maybe there's a bug that's switching leagues to the modern day setting for the feature.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote