Thread: End Of An Era
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 12:40 AM   #4
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

For those interested in such things, Seager won his 20th Great Glove at 1B. His replacement Bell also won it at 2B. Not to be outdone, Paul Blair also brought home the hardware for CF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Wow...very cool accomplishment. What is his career ZR? Or average /year?

I used Carlos Correa (93 card) for a while and won some golden gloves but not nearly as many. He could not sustain getting them after he became a platoon/defensive replacement.
With how historic ZR ratings get constantly recomputed, I'm not entirely sure I trust it. However, looking back over his career in the field, he did fairly well. His best year was 2031 in Diamond where he had a ZR of +8.6 and committed only 1 error in 1493 total chances.

Ironically enough, he shows as having 2 separate seasons with a negative ZR. I don't remember this ever being the case, which means I either overlooked it or it was adjusted down from where he actually finished that season. Those 2 low ZRs occurred in the 2 years where he committed the most errors... 11 errors in 2036 in Diamond with a ZR of -1.3, and 10 errors in 2029 in Perfect with a ZR of -2.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
LOL

I'm running George Sisler on two of my teams at first, and a platoon of Carew and 86 Goldschmidt on the other. No gold gloves coming my way at first... that's a very cool accomplishment. Nice work!
You might not get any awards for their defense, but I would absolutely trade out defense for Sisler. Such a great card... I was just doing some research on him for 20 where I'm running an All-Browns/Senators/Expos theme team, and as best as I can tell, he has no cards over there. My guess is they're saving him for a certain specific content release.

Corey Seager has been an amazing player, and his defensive acumen has been a revelation. I would love to see just how long this streak could continue. Unfortunately, if I ever hope to compete in the upper levels of PT, I must move on from him. He just doesn't bring enough bat to a position where defense is a luxury. I'll miss being able to count on the 250 points each season, but its time.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote