View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 10:39 AM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

enabling internatinal leagues would be redundant with international established FA that enter league, so turning that off makes sense.

IAFA and discoveries are amatuers and come from no league. you may want to leave those on, if you like them. that would not be redundant.

automatic creation of FA? international amatuers? not sure what you mean. this checkbox should only be visible if draft is disabled, i think? it shouldn't just be creating random MLB (or your ML's name) FA each year by default.

i slim down minor leagues. i make them uniform per organization so that i can apply some rules more easily without causing unintended bottle-necks for some teams or pooling in others etc.

# of rounds is about size of MiL -- not # of teams in ML, but how many each team has at any particular level per organization.

you'll want to consider the "largest' mil system any team has. e.g. if "4" rookies is the most anyone has, you better make sure it can stay filled from top to bottom each year.

if you have any rules applied to your rookie league, this becomes prety easy to calculate. e..g 4 rookie teams that allow ~2 years of playing... 35+30x = 35+30+30+30= 125 players in 2 years, or those rules will cause it to run out of players for sure. you'd need ~65-75 rounds for that setup. and, likely more, since not all players go to rookie leagues. this would be an unwise choice for rules given 4 rookie leagues, obviously.

however, ~10 rounds is very unlikely to cut it for a Rookie-to-AAA mil system. 1 team per level and no rules can probably slim down to ~15-20 rounds? more likely ~20-25 is lowest you could go without severe issues.

no rules, same 4 rookie teams max for any organization, you probably can do ~35-40rounds like the default mlb league, because some of those teams have 4 rookie leagues and they stay filled under default settings.

so, how many rounds depends on a few factors. just be reasonable, and don't cut it 'thin'. whatever you estimate the need to be per year to fill rookie leagues based on your custom choices, make sure ~10 draftees per year can move freely regardless of any rules, if they exist - i.e. the guys that don't go to rookie or develope quickly, you want them to be able to move without rules restricting them or empty teams pulling them back down below their ability just to fill out a team and no other reason.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-21-2019 at 10:40 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote