View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 09:25 PM   #169
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Del Sesto View Post
Enjoyed very much your take on LaMar, Professor! I took a look at his record on BoxRec and I do feel your correct with your assessment of TBCB3 rating. I don't have the DC rating to look at. You have me curious to see how yours and the TBCB3 ratings would stack up against each other in some replay testing.

Actually, I ran all three (my rating, TBCB3, and Day Council). I found that the DC rating was farthest from reality. The TBCB3 was less of an outlier in terms of final outcome. Nevertheless, with their respective ratings, Rademacher still was knocked out disproportionately.

Giving LaMar a CF of 7/9 versus Pete's 9/8 wasn't that critical in the end. The key elements I found were twofold. Pete had an HP of 6 while Clark was 2 levels higher at 8. Also, Pete's KD/KO rating was 4/5 while Clark's was 3/3. This gives Clark a stronger chin which simply can't be justified given the quality of opponents each man faced.

As far as the Clay/Ali sims, it took longer with the TBCB3 rating than it did with mine to put Clark away. Moreover, while not to the extent as with the Day Council, the TBCB3 did often have Ali with cuts and swollen eyes, as well as an occasional trip to the canvas.

Simming with my ratings, Clay/Ali finished the match unmarked and "pretty".

Some comments on my delving into ratings have been unfair and, at times, disingenuous. It's not a matter of "scrutinizing" thousands of ratings. That's not the issue.

But when a fighter has been over-rated or the ratings are so far removed from reality, I think it should be brought to the attention of the forum members. This thread, if you read it through, is replete with examples where this is the case.

As I said, if we take the ratings given to us as Gospel, we all should be happy just playing Downey's Main Event.

Last edited by professordp; 01-28-2018 at 09:49 PM.
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote